Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden Tour
Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden Tour Brochure (0.7MB)
The lush Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden is acclaimed by visitors as "the most beautiful area in Hawaii." Board your air-conditioned van for a narrated tour that passes Queen Liliuokani Gardens, the Hilo bay front and the Four-Mile Scenic Route along the Hamakua Coast to Onomea Bay.
Upon arrival at the Garden, you will receive a trail map and begin your self-guided tour of the world-renowned Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden. Enjoy approximately 90 minutes viewing the Garden at your leisure. Take photographs or absorb the atmosphere of peace, quiet and serenity.
The gardens are home to over 2500 species of tropical flowers, fruits and plants from tropical regions all over the world. Plants are labeled for identification, naming each by species, family and country of origin. The beautiful tropical gardens are located amongst waterfalls, meandering streams and rugged ocean coastline. A stroll through the Orchid Garden is a photographer's paradise. The colorful Macaws in the Birdhouse, and the Koi in the Lily Lake complete your tropical experience.
After your walk you can enjoy photographs and relics that were recovered from the valley and are displayed in the Onomea Museum, located at the Visitors Center. The Botanical Garden's gift shop offers a fine array of art glass, ceramics, jewelry and other items handcrafted by local artisans. Tropical flower bouquets can be shipped the day you order. (Check shipping destinations at the gift shop).
The return trip back to your ship includes a narrated tour of old Hilo town and passes the King Kamehameha statue.
What You Should Know About
The Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden Tour
- The Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden was awarded the Princess Cruises Tour of the Season, 2006-2007.
- Recently featured in Disneyfamily.com, 2010 Best of Hawaii - Hawaii Tourism Japan, and the Seattle Times.
- The excursion involves approximately 1.25 miles of walking.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- State law requires that children under 5 years old or under 40 pounds must be seated in a car seat during the van transfer to/from the Gardens.
- Passengers must provide their own child safety seat.
- For more information, please visit www.hawaiigarden.com
Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden Tour Testimonials
- Best Botanical Garden we have visited.
- This is a fabulous place. Very friendly and educational.
- A wonderful afternoon among beautiful plants on the ocean!
- Spectacular! Incredible plants from around the globe. Loved the orchids and birds!
- Sensational, best thing on the Big Island by far (including the Volcanoes National Park.)
- We have been to Hawaii many times, and this is the most beautiful spot.
- Breathtaking! Thank you so much for the opportunity to visit the Garden of Eden.
- Overwhelmed by the beauty. An experience of a lifetime.
- Out visit to Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden will be a highpoint, savored over the months, until we return.
- One of the most magical as well as spiritual adventures of our travels.
- The most wonderful Garden god has created so far-Aloha.
- This experience has done so much-maybe more- to further the cause of environmental protection than most of the work of the top environmental groups and non-profits.
- I just loved the Garden- The peace, the beauty, the well-marked paths, and the naturalness (everything is as it is in the wild, not changed). I learned so much and built many memories.
- A peaceful place. Magnificent beyond comparison. Contemplative in nature. A spot for meditation.
- As close to the Garden of Eden as we will come.
- I loved this place so much. It is beautiful. This is one place you should see before you die.
- A first time visitor to the islands, I have been pursuing Botanical Gardens on several islands, I need not have bothered with any others-This one has it all. Beautiful.
- Thank you! You have made a wonderful gift to the world! Very spiritual and inspiring like Sedona and other places on our earth.
- Thank you for raising our awareness of peace within. The serenity provides meditative calm.